AUBURN HILLS, MI – Chrysler LLC is swearing off single-supplier sourcing, says John Campi, executive vice president-procurement. Barely masking sarcasm, Campi tells Ward’s the auto maker’s ongoing legal struggles with bankrupt Plastech Engineered Products Inc. represents “a great little example” of the need for an about-face. When nagging quality concerns prompted Chrysler to tear up its sourcing contract with Plastech, the supplier filed for Chapter 11, thwarting the auto maker from ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chrysler on Supplier Diversification Drive" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642