SOUTHFIELD, MI – Chrysler LLC believes it has a jump on the competition when it comes to reducing vehicle weight, thanks to a new proprietary approach in body engineering the auto maker says will begin to pay big dividends in cars and trucks slated to hit the market in the next three to five years. The new holistic approach to body-in-white (BIW) engineering was developed by Chrysler and Daimler AG’s Mercedes-Benz and MB Tech in collaboration with the American Iron and Steel Institute and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chrysler Takes Holistic Approach to Cutting Body Weight" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642