NEW YORK – DaimlerChrysler Corp. plants will be operating at 95% or capacity – or higher – within 24 months, says Chief Operating Officer Tom LaSorda. He won’t reveal Chrysler’s current capacity utilization but does not argue with the latest Harbour Report that puts the figure at 86%. "Our intent is to get all our plants on two shifts, then hopefully on three shifts," he says. Chrysler’s Windsor plant is running at more than 100% of its 2-shift capacity. The Belvidere, IL, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chrysler Vows to Boost Capacity Utilization" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642