Hyundai-Kia Automotive Group Chairman Chung Mong-koo dodges tradition by declining to set a global sales goal in his annual New Yearâ€™s speech delivered in Seoul and broadcast by satellite to employees worldwide. Key markets such as North America and Europe are so turbulent it would be impractical to disclose projections, a spokesman tells Wardâ€™s. For 2008, Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. reported a 6.9% increase in global sales, with 2.78 million vehicles sold, falling short of its 3.02 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chung Wonâ€™t Speculate on 2009 as Hyundai, Kia Miss 2008 Targets" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642