On the surface, there are few companies truly enjoying 1998 sales results in Canada beyond those that snared car and truck crowns. For the first time, the Honda Civic won the car melee, and Ford Motor Co. continued to dominate both overall sales and the truck race with its F-Series fleet (see insert pp. 5-6 for Canada sales by vehicle line). But after 1996 and 1997 gave all the indications of a blistering turnaround from a decade-long slump, 1998 was up only 1.0%, and indications are the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Civic Wins First Canada Car Crown; Year Flat" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642