YOUNTVILLE, CA â€“ The â€™12 Mercedes-Benz CLS is the tri-star brandâ€™s first production car born in its Carlsbad, CA, studio. But the 4-door coupe was conceived some six hours up the road, its designer confides. Hubert Lee, creative director-advanced design division, says he and some colleagues attended the 2008 Concours dâ€™Elegance in Pebble Beach, CA, where they were thunderstruck by a 1930s-era Mercedes Autobahn Kurier. Says Lee: â€œThe moment I saw it, I was like, â€˜This is it. Weâ€™ve got ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Classic Car â€˜Oozed Mercedes,â€™ Inspired New CLS" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642