General Motors Corp.’s ’04 Chevrolet Corvette will have a carbon fiber hood on the Z06 Commemorative Edition. MacLean Vehicle Systems, working in conjunction with GM and Toray Composites (America) Inc., has developed and is producing the hoods for 2,000-3,000 Corvettes. It is the first production application using carbon fiber for a class-A body panel by a major North American OEM, says MacLean, which is producing the hoods at its West Jordan, UT, Quality Composites operating unit.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Commemorative Corvette to Get Carbon Fiber Hood" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642