INNER MONGOLIA — Energy Conversion Device Inc. receives government approval to form a joint venture between its subsidiary, Ovonic Batter Co. Inc., and Rare Earth High-Tech Co. Ltd. of Baotou Steel Co., in China's Inner Mongolia. Ovonic Battery will supply US$100 million to the nickel metal hydride battery-making JV. The JV, named Rare Earth-Ovonic Metal Hydride Co. Ltd., will begin construction on its first production facility in August. The project calls for Ovonic Battery to supply ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Companies get OK for battery venture" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642