VANCE, AL – Flexibility, automation, new material handling processes and doubling everything from plant size to workers to output mark the second chapter of DaimlerChrysler AG's Mercedes-Benz assembly plant here. The expanded plant represents a $3.5 billion investment to date, including development costs of the original '98 M-Class SUV, new '06 M-Class and new-entry R-Class cross/utility vehicles now in production, says Hans-Heinrich Weingarten, DC executive vice president-Mercedes ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Complex Mercedes Plant Reaching Full Steam in Alabama" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642