FRANKFURT – Volkswagen AG’s Concept R is a post-Piech car. Everything that follows flows from this crucial nugget of information. For whatever reasons, former VW Chairman Ferdinand Piech vetoed the many previous proposals by company designers, product planners and engineers for an affordable VW roadster. Instead, Piech promoted his W12 supercar, though eventually even the dictatorial CEO couldn’t present a viable business case for the mid-engined exotic. In the post-Piech ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Concept R Symbolic of New Volkswagen" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642