WASHINGTON -- Sen. Carl Levin (D-MI) announces Congress has appropriated $14 million for the purchase of pickup trucks for evaluation and testing under the army’s COMBATT military truck program. Sen. Levin made the announcement at a press conference Dec. 20 at the Washington auto show. The appropriation is for one year and is expected to be renewed for additional vehicle procurement. At an expected cost of $50,000 per unit, the appropriation could purchase 280 trucks. DaimlerChrysler ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Congress Authorizes Purchase of Pickups" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642