John Conomos, often called the elder statesman of the Australian auto industry, is retiring June 30 as Toyota Motor Corp. Australia Ltd.’s chairman emeritus and principal policy advisor. Conomos, 64, has spent more than 40 years in the automotive industry and joined Toyota Australia in 1981. He retired as executive chairman of Toyota Australia and managing officer of Toyota Motor Corp. in 2006, positions he held since 2004. He is only the fifth non-Japanese to hold the position with the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Conomos Retiring From Toyota Australia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642