MUMBAI – Mahindra Renault Ltd., which builds and sells the no-frills Logan small car in India, is being dissolved, with Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. planning to buy Renault SA’s 49% share of the joint venture as conflicting philosophies drive a wedge in the partnership. The French auto maker is shifting its strategy in India away from low-cost cars and toward a more traditional niche with other European marques. The JV, inked in 2005, had an excellent beginning when it launched in 2007. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Contentious Strategies Drove Mahindra Renault JV to Breaking Point" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642