PARIS — Continental AG moves closer to its goal of becoming a supplier of total chassis control by purchasing the E1 billion (US$879 million) electronics business of Temic GmbH from DaimlerChrysler AG. Continental agreed to purchase 60% of the supplier, based in Nuremberg, Germany, and has an option on the remaining 40% within the next three years. “It's good for both companies,” says Deutsche Bank auto analyst David Moorhead in London. “DaimlerChrysler has more to worry about in terms ...

Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)

"Continental buys Temic from DC" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:

  All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
  Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
  •   Global sales and production data by country
  •   U.S. model-line inventory data
  •   Engine and equipment installation rates
  •   WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
  •   Product Cycle chart
  •   Interrelationships among major OEMs
  •   Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
   •  Historical data and much more!

For pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: or phone: (248) 799-2642

Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.

Already registered? here.