Continental Teves Inc. will begin producing its “intelligent tire” with sidewall torsion sensing in the summer of 2002, and the company hints that the customer is a U.S. automaker. “This is very interesting because usually the German or Japanese car companies claim to be advanced in technology,” Stephan Kessel, chairman of the executive board of German parent company Continental AG, tells Ward's. “In this case, it's the other way around, and I must say we're a little proud that we have ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Continental Launching Intelligent Tire" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642