Help is on the way for the new Corvette – specifically its carryover 4-speed automatic transmission. Better automatic on way for new ’Vette. The car’s current automatic, which lacks “Tiptronic”-like manual-shift capability, is one of the few real disappointments in the otherwise impressive new Corvette. (See related story: C6 Corvette Powers Up) But not for long. General Motors Corp. Vice Chairman and chief product guru Bob Lutz admits a sequential 6-speeder is on the way, though he ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Corvette to Get Sequential 6-Speed Automatic" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642