Ford Motor Co. is planning to halt Mercury Cougar production for two days in March and at least 28 more days through July as a way to trim massive inventories of the coupe, Ward's has learned. The planned March 17 and March 24 shutdowns of AutoAlliance International Inc., a plant jointly owned by Mazda Motor Corp., also means production of the Mazda 626 will be cut. Workers will receive 80% of their pay during the shortened week. The Cougar had a huge 178-day supply on Jan. 31, while the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Cougar Sales in Slide; Plant Shutdown on Tap" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642