Imitation sometimes is called the sincerest form of flattery, but don’t tell that to Ford Motor Co. In addition to all its other woes, Ford says counterfeit replacement parts are costing it $1 billion annually in lost sales revenue around the world. Ford hardly is alone. Thanks to new computer-aided technologies that make it easy to digitally scan and copy everything from shock absorber designs to the sheet metal of entire vehicles, auto makers from General Motors Corp. to BMW AG and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Counterfeit Parts, Vehicles Becoming Serious Menace" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642