Ford Motor Co. will install new side airbag curtains on its '01 Explorer/Mountaineer, Ward's has learned, to help protect passengers in rollovers and side impacts. The new system, under development for 30 months, will be launched on the Explorer and Mountaineer and then later added to the redesigned '02 Expedition and Navigator, due out in 2001. Ford says the curtain airbag will be optional equipment on some SUVs. Ford eventually plans to offer the curtain airbags on SUVs worldwide. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Curtain Airbags for '01 Explorer/Mountaineer" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642