Since the mid-1980s, midsize cars and more recently pickup trucks have ranked as the most heavily produced vehicle segment in North America. The arrival of the cross/utility vehicle, however, is changing that dynamic. CUVs have existed as a segment only since the ’00 model year, but the latest Ward’s production forecast shows CUV output will exceed all other segments by 2009 and continue to gain share through 2012. The advent of the CUV, which classifies as a light truck, helped ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"CUVs to Rule North American Output" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642