BOMBAY — The exclusion of Daewoo Motors India Ltd. from General Motors Corp.’s deal with bankrupt parent Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd. is deliberate and strategic, Daewoo officials here say. GM announced on Sept. 21 the signing of a memorandum of understanding with Daewoo and its creditors that would see GM and certain alliance partners acquiring a large chunk of Daewoo assets, including operations in Vietnam and Egypt. Sources said at the time that while GM had hoped to include Daewoo India’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Daewoo India waits for GM on sidelines" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642