PARIS — Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd., which booked a US$10 billion loss for 2000, sells its coveted Worthing Technical Center to British engineering and racing firm TWR for an undisclosed price. Owned by racer Tom Walkinshaw, TWR takes over the center and 150 engineers and technicians, who have developed vehicles such as the Daewoo Matiz and various concept cars. The prize for TWR is the test and validation equipment used by engineers to develop cars and components. “This is a major acquisition ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Daewoo sells Worthing center to U.K. group" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642