Daihatsu Motor Co. Ltd. reportedly will produce minivans for Toyota Motor Corp. through a contract with the auto maker. Daihatsu will produce the Vitz subcompact model with 1L and 1.5L engines at its Kyoto facility, which already produces Toyota’s Corolla van. Toyota says it chose Daihatsu, in which it has a 51% stake, for Vitz production because of its minicar expertise. The Vitz will hit Toyota showrooms in July.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Daihatsu to Make Toyota Minivans" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642