DaimlerChrysler AG and Caterpillar Inc. cancel plans to form a 50/50 worldwide alliance that would have included joint engine and parts development, manufacturing and marketing. Another JV for fuel systems also is scrapped. "The plans made at that time turned out to be too complicated," says a DC spokesman of the JV, first announced in November 2000.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DaimlerChrysler and Caterpillar Cancel Planned JV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642