SAO PAULO -- Daimler Chrysler AG is analyzing the possibility of building a compact Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. car at its Juiz de Fora, Minas Gerais, plant, where it currently produces the Mercedes A-Class. The A-Class has not sold well in Brazil. DaimlerChrysler holds an 11% share in Hyundai. The new model would not bear the Mercedes logo but likely would have more powerful engines than the 1.L models that currently receive special tax benefits from the Brazilian government. Entry-level ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DaimlerChrysler May Build Small Hyundai for Brazil" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642