Sources at DaimlerChrysler Corp. indicate that the company has an all-new V-8 engine under development for Chrysler-badged passenger cars. Although DCC executives have said in the past the company did not believe a V-8 engine was necessary for Chrysler passenger cars, the new V-8 engine program is part of a huge $7 billion-plus DCC plans to invest in powertrain operations from now through 2003. It is believed that figure is earmarked strictly for Chrysler-brand programs and does not also ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DaimlerChrysler pass-car V-8 in the works" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642