TOKYO – DaimlerChrysler AG strategists view Japan as a newly honed wedge into the only major commercial vehicle (CV) market in the world that has eluded the company. DC is hoping to penetrate Asia's lucrative heavy-duty truck market with its Mitsubishi Fuso truck subsidiary. Mercedes-Benz is a CV market leader in Europe, North America and Latin America. It perennially holds first or second place, with trucks 6 tons and larger as its specialty. Yet the truck maker’s CV sales ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DC Attempts to Add Asia to its Commercial Vehicle Leadership" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642