DaimlerChrysler AG has an all-new V-8 engine under development for Chrysler- and Dodge-badged passenger cars, a high-level insider tells Ward's. The new V-8, part of a huge $7 billion-plus powertrain investment program planned between now and 2003, marks a policy reversal. Previously, executives have said DC did not need a passenger car V-8 for Chrysler and Dodge. It is believed the $7 billion is earmarked strictly for Chrysler/Dodge-brand programs and does not cover powertrain projects ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DC Car V-8 Part of $7 Billion Powertrain Plan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642