DaimlerChrysler AG confirms it will build the Mercedes-Benz Grand Sports Tourer (GST) at its Tuscaloosa, AL, assembly plant, beginning in late 2004. Ward’s earlier reported that announcement of a plan to make the GST at Vance was imminent (see related story: Vance Prepares to Assemble 5 Mercedes Models). Mercedes already has begun building an addition to the plant – estimated at a cost of $600 million – that is expected to be complete by early ’04. Mercedes has been building its M-Class ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DC Confirms GST to Be Built in Tuscaloosa" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642