MUMBAI – DaimlerChrysler India Ltd. is restructuring its product lineup here, including bringing the pricey Maybach to market. “We will concentrate on high-end products, since they give us up to 40% margins,” says Suhas Kadlaskar, general manager. DC's Maybach will top its luxury line in India. Completely built-up imports of top-of-the-line cars such as the Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV, C-Class and S-Class and SL 500 sedan ($170,000) already are spicing profits. The SL 500 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DC India Will Ratchet Up Luxury Line" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642