DaimlerChrysler AG says it will not close its Mercedes A-Class plant in Juiz de Fora, Minas Gerais, as previously expected, and will announce the new model to be built there in the coming weeks. A-Class output at the plant is set to end in September, and the factory was planning to produce the new Smart Formore cross/utility vehicle for export to the U.S. and Europe starting in 2006. However, company executives now say that vehicle will not be built at all. (See related story: DC Revamps ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DC to Keep Brazil Car Plant in Operation; Possible Job Losses" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642