DaimlerChrysler AG pulls the plug on plans to build a $754 million commercial van plant in Pooler, GA. The facility, which would have built the Dodge Sprinter, was the victim of a poor market. “It is definitely off. The plant is completely off,” a DC spokesman tells Ward's. DC drops plans to build a $754 million Sprinter van plant in Georgia. He says DC could not justify the business case for constructing the plant, even though the state had authorized a $320 million ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DC Kills U.S. Sprinter Van Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642