CHELSEA, MI â DaimlerChrysler AG has taken an average $1,000 in cost out of its GEM electric vehicles and says there is more to come. âWe expect to cut another $500,â says Lawrence J. Oswald, vice president-hybrid and electric vehicle product team and engineering technologies for the Chrysler Group. The paring has taken place since DC purchased Global Electric MotorCars LLC (GEM) in December 2000. Much of it has been achieved through bulk purchasing, Oswald explains. It is sourcing ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DC Polishes GEM for â02" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642