LAREDO, TX – DaimlerChrysler AG is developing a new generation of engines that would combine the best features of diesel (compression ignition) and Otto (spark-ignition) combustion systems, a high-ranking executive says. Thomas Weber, board member responsible for research and technology and development for the Mercedes Car Group, says the so-called DiesOtto engine only would be possible with a new class of synthetic fuel under development. Mercedes proposes blending design of gasoline ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DC R&D Chief Discloses New Engine Concept" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642