DaimlerChrysler AG reportedly is recalling about 58,000 ’98-’00 Smart Fortwo microcars in Germany due to possible defects in the vehicle’s front axle. Smart Fortwos sold elsewhere are experiencing similar problems, a DC spokesman says. But DC is unable to say for now how many vehicles outside of Germany may be affected.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DC Recalls 58,000 Smarts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642