The Mercedes-Benz Sprinter commercial van will be launched in the U.S. in 2001, says Juergen Schrempp, DaimlerChrysler AG co-chairman. Freightliner is set to sell the vehicle, which recently received an extensive facelift and new engines, in its dealerships. DC hopes to see increased U.S. market share in Class 4 and 5 and believes it can do this with the Sprinter. This also is the segment where the automaker will look for synergies between DC's German and U.S. truck operations, including ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DC to Sell Sprinter Van in U.S." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642