AUBURN HILLS – DaimlerChrysler AG is turning to its U.S.-based Chrysler Group to help grow the company’s supply base in South Africa. A plan by the South African government calls for auto makers to include 30% local content in vehicles produced in the country to qualify for government fleet sales. DC views U.S. minority suppliers as a crucial link in meeting this goal. DC has a vital interest in the South African market. The auto maker’s assembly plant in East London, South Africa, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DC Sets South African Supplier Mission" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642