The '01 Chrysler/Dodge minivan hit full production in five weeks, the fastest acceleration for a total redesign in DaimlerChrysler Corp. history and an industry benchmark. Full line speed (1,470) a day over three shifts was achieved August 25 at the Windsor Assembly Plant. And the company says the 25,000 long-wheel-base minivans built during the first five weeks of the launch is a global industry high in volume following any total redesign. DCC also says it was the highest quality start-up ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DCC Minivan Launch Sets Several Records" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642