Although it was known that DaimlerChrysler Corp. had planned a version of its new-for-2001 minivan lineup to use the 3.5L SOHC V-6 borrowed from the passenger-car business, the company now announces that it will not make the higher-performance variant after all. The Town and Country Limited was to offer the same 3.5L V-6 used in Chrysler's 300M and LHS sedans, but the automaker deemed the package too expensive to market successfully, a source says. The 3.5L V-6 minivan would have been ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DCC shelves high performance minivan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642