In a gutsy move, DaimlerChrysler AG is working on a plan to switch all of its Dodge and Chrysler large/luxury LH cars to rear-wheel drive for the '04 model year, sources tell Ward's. The current generation of front-wheel-drive LH sedans includes the Chrysler 300M, Concorde and LHS, as well as the Dodge Intrepid, which accounts for about half the mix at the Bramalea Assembly Plant in Brampton, Ont. Sources say that the third generation, which is not due until the '04 model year, is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DCC to Shift Sedans to Rear-Drive for '04" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642