DaimlerChrysler Corp. says it is counting on efficiency improvements in product development and production — rather than new vehicle program cutbacks — to trim more than $1.5 billion in annual costs over the next few years. DCC provided some details of its efforts to streamline the new vehicle process in separate meetings with reporters and Wall Street analysts last week, amplifying on its previously announced cost-cutting campaign (see Ward's Automotive Reports — July 17, '00, p.5). The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DCC Targets Product Development Cost Cuts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642