CANBERRA – Ford Motor Co. of Australia Ltd. has suspended sales of its limited edition Falcon Typhoon due to a clutch failure problem. Ford is recalling the XR Falcon-based cars, some 80 of which already are in customers’ hands. Owners will be given loaners to drive while repairs are being made. Typhoon clutches failing. Ford’s 50% owned affiliate Ford Performance Vehicles (FPV) builds the Typhoon, boosting Ford’s 322-hp XR6T model to 362 hp. The torque is increased to 405 lb.-ft. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Defect Halts Ford Falcon Typhoon Sales in Oz" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642