PARIS – Unveiling here for the media an innovative braking system that uses two brake rotors for each wheel, Delphi Corp. engineers and officials say the design has the potential to revolutionize passenger-vehicle braking dynamics. The central components of Delphi’s Maximum Torque Brake (MTB) system are two floating brake rotors where every conventional production-vehicle disc-brake system to date has employed just one. Each rotor is clamped by a caliper just like a typical single-disc ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Delphi Twin-Disc System Braking Revolution" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642