America’s roads and new-car showrooms should be dramatically different by 2020, says House Democratic Leader Dick Gephardt, who is calling for sweeping federal tax credits to encourage “green” technology development. “We should have a goal of 1 million hybrid cars by 2010, and by 2020, a majority of cars for sale in American showrooms should be hybrids,” Gephardt tells the Democratic Leadership Council in Washington, where debate over corporate average fuel economy (CAFE) ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Democrat Demands Tax Credits for Alternative Fuel Vehicles" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642