Jaguar plans to put into production a version of the F-Type concept unveiled at the Detroit auto show in two to three years. Insiders say the concept car, about 25 ins. shorter than the XK8 coupe, will be the basis for the new 2-seater, expected to go head-to-head with cars such as the Porsche Boxster. Wolfgang Reitzle, head of Ford's Premier Automotive Group, says there is a 90% chance the car will go into production. Prices for the car likely will be in the $50,000 to $60,000 range. Says ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DETROIT AUTO SHOW NOTES" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642