Ford Motor Co. confirms it will continue building the Escort ZX2 once production of the '00 3-dr Focus, dubbed the ZX3, begins sometime in the third quarter. Ford hasn't officially announced where the ZX3 will be produced, but odds are good it will be built alongside the ZX2 in Hermosillo, Mexico. Production of the Thunderbird is expected to begin sometime in late 1999 at the Wixom, MI, plant. Ford officials say the 2-seater will go on sale in early 2000 as an '01 model. Ford says it will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"DETROIT SHOW NOTES" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642