British transmission company Zeroshift Ltd. has devised a multi-speed gearbox for electric vehicles that needs no clutch. A damper inside the gear hubs and electronic control of the motor make ratio changes seamless, the developer says. Having more than one gear ratio and the ability to shift without interrupting torque means the motor runs at higher efficiency, extending range and battery life expectancy up to 10%, the Milton Keynes-based company says. The innovation could allow ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Developer Touts Advantages of Multi-Speed Transmission for EVs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642