Claiming it's “the next milestone in the plastics industry,” Dow Plastics recently introduced INDEX interpolymers, a new thermoplastic polymer based on the copolymerization of ethylene and styrene. The latter two were previously incompatible using standard Ziegler-Natta catalysts. Ed Gambrell, a Dow Chemical Co. vice president, says the plastics industry has struggled for 20 years to combine ethylene and styrene. Dow is producing limited quantities of INDEX at a pilot plant in Freeport, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Dow Premieres New Plastic" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642