DETROIT -- The Filo concept car, developed by Italian vehicle designer Carrozzeria Bertone SpA and SKF Automotive of Sweden, offers the experience of drive-by-wire technology for steering, braking, gear change and clutch in a modified Opel Zafira. SKF is best known as a supplier of bearings, and its Chicago Rawhide subsidiary supplies seals to the auto industry. But SKF also has an electrical division that has supplied fly-by-wire technology to the aerospace industry for 15 years. Filo is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Drive-By-Wire Filo Arrives in Detroit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642