After two years on the market, BorgWarner Inc.’s innovative dual-clutch transmission (DCT) technology is on the verge of becoming a formidable force in the gearbox sector, as the supplier says it expects to produce several million units annually within three years. The new technology, known internally as DualTronic, enables a manual transmission to perform like an automatic, without the annoying “torque-interrupt” that accompanies conventional manual shifting or single-clutch automated ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Dual-Clutch Gearboxes Taking Off" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642